I have many reasons to be thankful. This feeling of thankfulness is more than feeling good for all the wonderful things in my life. The feeling of thankfulness is my heart’s response to the many blessings that God has given to me. it is important for me to use that feeling of thankfulness to motivate me to give thanks to my Creator, Savior, and Lord for all the good and special gifts He has given to me.
The primary reason that Thanksgiving is an important holiday (Holy Day) for Christians is because it provides us with an opportunity to say “Thank You” to God. In the hustle and bustle of our lives we don’t always take the time to stop and properly praise God for all of His blessings. My prayer for you is for you to find time today when you can take time to thank God for the different ways He has blessed your life.
The primary lesson that I have learned this past year is how God is faithful. It has been a year of seeing God at work in my life in many different ways. In many different ways this was a key year in my journey of faith, for it has given me a greater ability to trust God with my life.
Here are 8 reasons why I am thankful this year.
- My wife Jenny: She is my biggest supporter and encourager. She is a terrific mom, teacher, and cook. I am blessed to have her walking this journey of life by my side.
- My children: When my son was born in 2013 I was so happy. Watching him grow and develop is a wonderful blessings. When my daughter was born a few weeks ago, I fell quickly in love. She is so precious and cute. I am blessed to have two wonderful children in my life.
- My parents: I am the person I am today largely because of their influence. They continue to bless our lives with their influence and generosity. The reason we were able to take a vacation last summer was because of their willingness to provide the cabin for us. I am blessed to have two wonderful parents.
- My in-laws: Living in the same community as my in-laws has many perks. Most of all I am grateful for the way they raised their daughter. I am also grateful for their help and generosity as well. From the house we are able to live in to watching the kids, they have been a blessing to me. I am blessed to have great in-laws.
- Bethlehem Free Methodist Church: I have felt part of Bethlehem ever since I first started attending with Jenny when we were engaged. Over the years my love for this church family has grown. Now I am able to provide leadership and teaching as the interim pastor. I am blessed that God opened doors to allow me this chance to pastor at Bethlehem.
- Speaking at the Minnesota CFO: I love to speak, and when the chance came last year to speak at camp this past summer I took it. By far it was the best speaking experience that I have had. It was a learning experience for me to allow God to direct what I was to say, and the result was amazing. I am blessed to have opportunities to preach and teach.
- For my health: Almost a year ago, in early December, I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my left leg. Fortunately we found it time and there was no major complications. One thing that came out of this was the discovery that I have a genetic disorder that leads me to have blood clots. Knowing that means that I can take the appropriate measures to prevent another one. I am blessed by a better understanding of my health.
- Paul’s Ponderings: I took a few months off from blogging this year, because of life circumstances and feeling dry when it came to writing. Now that I am back to blogging, I am reminded how much I love to write, and the big part this blog has played in my life the past 10 years. I am blessed to have an outlet for my thoughts.
Thank you for being a reader here at Paul’s Ponderings. May God continue to bless you and may you continue to find reasons to thank Him. Happy Thanksgiving.