Pausing from our busy lives to focus on our blessings is an important part of life. When we express gratitude for what we have, not only are we in a better position to be content with life, but we are also cultivate a heart of generosity that seeks to bless others.
Among the many things I am thanking God for this year:
- The birth of Micah. I love being a dad and it has been a joy to see him grow and develop during the last 9 months.
- My wonderful wife Jenny. She does such a good job of taking care of Micah and running the house. She also manages to fit some 25 students in for music lessons each week. Jenny is a huge blessing in my life.
- My parents. They have blessed my life in many different ways. They are intentional about being part of Micah's life, they took us on a family vacation to Michigan, and they pray for us daily.
- My in-laws. Jenny's parents have richly blessed our lives. They have done work on the house we live in, they take us out to eat, and invited us to spend time with them when they go to Ely, MN. They also do a great job at encouraging us in our ministry dreams.
- Bethlehem Free Methodist Church. It has been wonderful to be part of a Church Family that is healthy and loving. I also have the privilege of teaching an adult Sunday School class, which I love.
- My job. I enjoy working as a paraprofessional for the local school district. It is great to have the school schedule and have so many breaks. I also like the people I work with and the students I get to interact with each day.
Take some time today to consider your blessings and the many reasons you have to thank God.